How to Change Fortnite Resolution on PC & Consoles
In any game, especially Fortnite, it is important that the picture on the monitor maximally satisfies the user’s needs. It does not matter what goals the player pursues: to see more objects on the screen, make the picture more beautiful or increase the number of FPS. However, the games limit us in the free choice of permissions and suggest choosing from the standard ones. In this article we will talk about How to Get Stretched Resolution on PC & Consoles in Fortnite and whether it is possible to get a ban for it.
How to Change Fortnite Resolution on PC
There are many ways to change the resolution in Fortnite. We consider the two most effective and simple for any user.
This is the easiest way to change the resolution, but alas, it will not give you the opportunity to set a unique stretched Fortnite resolution.
1. Open the game and go to settings. The button is located in the upper right menu of the game.
2. Select the “Video” section and change the “Display Resolution” item until you find the perfect resolution for you.
If you have not approached any screen size, then proceed to editing the resolution through the file.
How to change Fortnite resolution through file
Changing the resolution through the file will allow you to set any screen size. You cannot get a ban or any other punishment for this, but if you are aiming for a professional scene, then we recommend using standard permissions, since tournament organizers are often asked not to change the resolution.
1. Go to the game and set the window mode. Then close the Fortnite.
2. Now you need to find the file that stores the data on the resolution of the game. To do this, hold down the Windows + R keys (Windows is the key next to Ctrl) and enter the command “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\FortniteGame\Saved\Config\WindowsClient” (without quotes).
Alternative: You can right-click on the windows icon or start (they are in the lower left corner) and select “Run.” In the window that appears, enter the command indicated above.
3. A folder with files will open. Right-click on the GameUserSettings.ini file and select “Open with” – “Notepad”.
4. Before you open a notebook with the contents of the file. In the top menu, select “Edit” – “Find” or simply hold down Ctrl + F and enter the text “ResolutionSizeX”. The program will automatically move you to the desired lines of the file, and we are interested in the following lines:
5. Now, instead of 1920 and 1080, you need to enter the values that interest you and save the file. Look at the table to select the option that interests you.
- nHD 640 x 360
- FWVGA 854 x 480
- qHD 960 x 540
- HDV 720p (HD 720p) 1280 x 720
- WXGA++ (HD+) 1600 x 900
- HDTV (Full HD) (FHD) 1080p 1920 x 1080
- QWXGA 2048 x 1152
- WQXGA (WQHD) (QHD) 2560 x 1440
- WQXGA+ 3200 x 1800
- UHD (4K) 3840 x 2160
- UHD (8K) (Super Hi-Vision) 7680 x 4320
- WXGA+ 1440 x 900
- XJXGA 1536 x 960
- WSXGA+ 1680 x 1050
- WUXGA 1920 x 1200
- WQXGA 2560 x 1600
- WQUXGA 3840 x 2400
- WHUXGA 7680 x 4800
- QVGA — 320 x 240
- VGA 640 x 480
- SVGA 800 x 600
- XGA 1024 x 768
- XGA+ 1152 x 864
- SXGA+ 1400 x 1050
- UXGA 1600 x 1200
- QXGA 2048 x 1536
- QUXGA 3200 x 2400
- HUXGA 6400 x 4800
6. Now right-click on the GameUserSettings.ini file and select Properties. In the window that opens, check the “Read Only” attribute and click the apply button. Now you can start the game, and it will be in the resolution you specified.
How to Change Fortnite Resolution on Consoles
In this case, the options for changing the resolution are few, all of which are directly related to changing the resolution on the console itself. The option of changing the resolution through the in-game settings also remains relevant.
Changing The Fortnite Resolution On Xbox
In the settings you can independently change the resolution to the one you need to play.
You can also use a TV remote. To do this, you need to access the TV display settings and find a widescreen mode to stretch the resolution (and not “fit it to the screen size”). Different TVs have this function under different names and in different places. We’ll have to spend time searching, if the first method did not fit.
Changing The Fortnite Resolution On PS4
The resolution settings for PS4 and Xbox are a bit similar. You need to perform identical actions as on the other console.
1. Go to Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings.
2. Set the required Resolution (480p, 720p, 1080i etc.)
About 4:3 resolution in Fortnite
Argued that the resolution of 4:3 in the Fortnite gives superiority. Many seek to make just such a resolution, but in fact it is not. This resolution will make the objects a little larger, which makes it easier to aim, but at the same time, 4 by 3 will cut your view off to the sides. I would say that a review in Fortnite is more important, but you decide.