What is the Fortnite Battle Pass – information for new players
The new season starts really soon, which means that there might be a wave of new players coming to the game. Some of them might have already seen the Battle Pass system in other games, but the rest of them might see it for the first time ever. For short, a Battle Pass is a system that gives you cosmetic items for gaining levels by completing special challenges or just playing the game.
We’re going to focus on Fortnite’s Battle Pass and won’t talk about it in other games. Fortnite’s Battle Pass has 2 versions: a free one and a paid one. You probably already know what’s the main difference between them, but another one is that the free Battle Pass has fewer items than the paid one.
When you look at the list of items you can get from the Battle Pass, only some of them are marked as free. The rest of them are only available for those who bought the full Battle Pass. The price of it is 950 V-Bucks, but you can also pay 1850 V-Bucks to get additional 25 levels and the rewards for those levels.
There’s 100 levels in the Battle Pass, with each level containing a reward. Some of them are cosmetic items (such as an outfit, a pickaxe or a glider), and some of them are V-Bucks.
It’s also worth mentioning that each Battle Pass is attached to a season. Once the season is over, you will save all the rewards you got from it forever, but if you didn’t manage to get all of them, unfortunately, ones that you didn’t get won’t be available anymore. With the new Season there will be a new Battle Pass with its own rewards. And you will need to buy it, no matter if you have bought the previous Battle Pass. A season’s Battle Pass is an independent product, so buying the current season’s Battle Pass won’t give you anything for the next one. Luckily, the Battle Pass contains enough V-Bucks for buying the next one, so you don’t need to donate if you have bought a Battle Pass and also want to buy the next one.
And here are the most important things that you need to know:
- A Battle Pass can be free and paid. The paid needs you to pay V-Bucks, but also includes more rewards, while the free one can only give you the access to a part of the rewards.
- The Battle Passes are linked to their seasons. Once the season is over, you won’t be able to upgrade the Battle Pass of that season, but its rewards will stay with you forever.
- To get the rewards of the Battle Pass you need to get levels. To upgrade the level of your Battle Pass, you need to gain XP. There are several ways of gaining XP:
- By just playing the game
- By completing the challenges
- By collecting XP coins
- By completing punch cards