Two-Factor Authentication in Fortnite
Every day more and more stores accounts open , which means that more and more people lose their accounts due to negligence. We strongly recommend that you set up Epic Games two-factor authentication to protect your account from various types of hacking. By the way, dual authentication is also needed for many Epic Games client functions, for example, for sending gifts to Fortnite.
Two-factor authentication in fortnite is a security system in which the user is asked for a short code to verify the user’s identity. At the moment there are 2 methods of two-factor authentication: sending a message by e-mail or a special application. You choose the method yourself.
The system requests the code in the following situations:
- You log in to your account for the first time after enabling two-factor authentication;
- you log in from the new device;
- more than 30 days have passed since you logged in last;
- You recently deleted your browser’s cookies.
To enable dual authentication you need:
- Sign in to your account on Epic Games (//accounts.epicgames.com/login)
- Go to the tab “password and security” and scroll down the page to the item “two-factor authentication”
- Choose what kind of authentication in the fortnite you want to enable (code for mobile or e-mail) and click enable.
Further we will consider both options in detail.
Mobile Authenticator Fortnite
1. First you need to install one of the following programs on your mobile. They can be found in the AppStore or Google Play Market.
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
2. Click on the button “Enable authenticator”
3. A window with a QR code appears in front of you. Open the application you have selected in step 1, click the add button in it and move the camera to the QR code.
4. A new line with constantly changing numbers will appear in the application. Enter these numbers in the Security Code field.
Attention! If you are told that the code is not correct, check whether automatic time synchronization over the network is enabled on the phone.
5. If you did everything right and saw this window – rather go to the game, there you will find a new emotion!
Email Authenticator Fortnite
1. Select “Enable Mail Authentication”
2. A code will be sent to the e-mail of your account, which must be entered into this window.
3. If you did everything right, you will see this window, and in fortnite you will find a new emotion!
Summary: Now, when trying to log into your account from another device, the game client will request the code from the application or the code sent to the mail. To steal such an account is very difficult, so that you are protected.
Important!!! Do not tell anyone the code that you send.