Two-Factor Authentication in Fortnite
Every day more and more account stores appear, which means that more and more people can lose their accounts due to negligence. We strongly recommend you to set up Epic Games two-factor authentication to protect your account from various types of hacking. By the way, two-factor authentication is also needed for many Epic Games client functions, for example, for sending gifts in Fortnite.
Two-factor authentication in Fortnite is a security system in which the user is asked for a short code to verify the user’s identity. At the moment there are 2 methods of two-factor authentication: sending a message by e-mail or a special application. You choose the method yourself.
The system requests the code in the following situations:
- You log in to your account for the first time after enabling two-factor authentication;
- You log in from a new device;
- More than 30 days have passed since you logged in last time;
- You recently deleted your browser’s cookies.
To enable two-factor authentication you need to:
- Sign in to your Epic Games account (//accounts.epicgames.com/login)
- Go to the “password and security” tab and scroll down the page to the “two-factor authentication” item
- Choose what kind of authentication you want to enable for Fortnite (a code in a mobile app or in an e-mail) and click enable.
Further we will tell more about each option.
Mobile Authenticator Fortnite
1. First, you need to install one of the following programs on your mobile. They can be found in the AppStore or Google Play Market.
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
2. Click on the button “Enable authenticator”
3. A window with a QR code appears in front of you. Open the application you have selected in step 1, click the add button in it and move the camera to the QR code.
4. A new line with constantly changing numbers will appear in the application. Enter these numbers in the Security Code field.
Attention! If you are told that the code is not correct, check whether automatic time synchronization over the network is enabled on the phone.
5. If you did everything right and saw this window – launch the game, where you will find a new emote!
Email Authenticator Fortnite
1. Select “Enable Mail Authentication”
2. A code will be sent to the e-mail of your account, which must be entered into this window.
3. If you did everything right, you will see this window, and will get a new emote in Fortnite!
Summary: Now, when trying to log into your account from another device, the game client will request the code from the application or the code sent to the mail. Stealing such an account is very difficult, so you are now protected.
Important!!! Do not tell anyone the code that you get.